I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Drawing naked chicks with a pencil is fun


I have been doing a lot of "not so" live drawing - trying to draw someone in a posse within a set time - which got me royally pissed off, since the stress of the clock and suddenly drawing a full body and not just the face, was a bit of an uncharted territory for me. I'll share some of them later, I heard humor is meant to be shared or something...
Anyway, lots of those models were naked and quite interesting to draw, which got me thinking... *yeye hah hah -.- grow up* it got me thinking about attempting to draw something out of my usual comfort zone - if that's something you can claim to have at this level lol.
So I dug out an interesting picture with a posse I thought was "manageable" and got to work... few minutes later I picked up the pen and started drawing - hahahaha, sorry I had to take the shot, cheap or not :P - anywho, godefingdamnit this shit was ALOT harder than I had anticipated. The scaling down of the head really did a number on me and I had to completely rethink my approach, plus the lack of "harder" lines to follow, but instead everything being in curves, was definitely something I found challenging, to say the least.


This is the outline sketch out of all the stuff I had thought to be the hard spots, I had completely overseen her front hand, wauw… talk about having to compromise and do things over and over, I could not translate what I saw to the paper at all, to such an extent I had to “manipulate” or be a bit creative about it you might say "fuck the index finger!!!"



And my end picture, it doesn’t scan super well, but you can make things out at least =)

No comments:

Post a Comment