I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Monday, July 9, 2012

Another day another portrait



Wanted to add some background and stuff, but not sure what really, so for now the "?" will have to do!

Managed to finish one more portrait, this one of Laurie Holden from The Walking Dead.
I’m not super satisfied by the outcome, there are some quite big mistakes in it. I made her look quite a bit older… sorry! Her features are a bit off, mainly her eye placements and I’m not sure what happened to her chin either, it’s like I angled things a bit off and one mistake carries over to the next etc.
Also my hair “brush” didn’t work here… QQ, so yeah same old shit -.-

When I see these youtube wizards doing their speed painting they can correct these mistakes in a second, but I got no idea how the fawk to do that, the only way I know about is just simple ctrl+c/v (copy/paste) and then free transform, but when I try that I… I don’t know, it messes with my brain, if I change one little thing I have to correct 90% of the painting to match the change, that’s how it feels at least. Say I wanna move/transform the nose, then I wanna only focus on that thing and not just some big fucking square block which leaves my painting totally “scarred” – if that makes sense. I could prolly use the lasso tool instead and make some haxxing with layers, but everything I can come up with feels overly complicated at this point.

Still practice is practice, I prolly should have measured the features in a bit more, but I don’t know it feels nice to just wing things sometimes, you lose some realism, but maybe gain some uniqueness /shrug the fawk do I know :)

Oh and for those curious about how much time these things take, I actually know it with this one, it took about 3 hours - had 2 movies running in the background... :P (multitasking much?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment