I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Monday, July 9, 2012

We are bangin' on all cylinders now!


Three updates in two days… omg what is going on?!



Forced myself to finish my Tron girl, I measured and guide lined waaay to much in my humble opinion, so I  see it as a practice painting in value really and finished it.
The Value stuff is in some areas are just scary off, I fucked myself over by keep adding light(ness) to it when I should have gone way darker, like her left eyebrow should almost blend in with the dark surroundings, but I progressed to far, to just “fix” it… though… thinking of it now, I am kinda stupid… because I could/should prolly just have adjusted the brightness/contrast or levels… for fuck sake man!
Anyway I finished it and I can take some experience from it, the shadow/light was MUCH MUCH harder than anything I’ve done previous, so that’s something – look at the bright side (no pun intended)


No comments:

Post a Comment