I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When do you put down the pen/pencil? (Work in progress)


What to do… what to do…

Started on a portrait but now I don’t know what the fuck to do… the reference is Colin Farrell from Crazy Heart (movie).
Either I keep on rendering until the reference pops out – so to say – or I stop now and claim to be “artistic” hahaha – that’s such bullshit – but actually I kinda like it as it is now, I’m afraid of making it stale or just to polished if I continue.
But on the other hand why not just continue for the experience if for nothing else… ugh fucking choices seriously, there are 10 things I wanna do at once atm.

 Cropped version



The bigger picture...


Also I wanna do some more body drawings and not just a face. I started on a Mickey Rourke drawing, but I’ve hit some wall with it. I don’t see how it can be harder than drawing a face, but it is… even when I just focus on drawing light and shadows it still fucks with my mind, maybe it’s a question of comfort zones.



And I wanna do a little single page story to the theme from Crazy Heart “The Weary Kind – Ryan Bingham” I got the rough sketch in my head, but in all honesty I’m a bit hesitant about starting it, it’s completely uncharted territory with so many pitfalls and I’m afraid I put my own bar way to high up for it to be realistic… yeah long story short I’m too scared to attempt ><

No comments:

Post a Comment