I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I spy with my little eye(s)... a study in drawing eyes


Even if I lack some general direction, I can still draw something… right?

Yeah fuck it, I heard you should always be drawing something, if for nothing else just to store some "mental" pictures, after all I can always pray my brain can work shit out from there… “come on subconscious, I don’t really know what you do… but I could really use a hand here and I feel like we can work something out together… you and me man, we’re gonna go places! *raises fist in warning* OR ELSE!”

Some random eyes, the first 8 kinda took some time and there’s a cat, eagle and cheetah eye in there as well – yeah, I got a bit bored and wanted to try something else.
 - If your wondering about the pink stick on the pictures, it's helping my scanner... I got no idea why, maybe it's some contrast thing, but if I add that little stick it seems to help... sorry if pink offends anyone, next time I'll go with a more masculine... orange?



I felt like I spend too much time on those first ones, so the rest of the eyes are quick sketches, fuck the smudging, rendering and all that time consuming shizzle.
It took me two tries before I found the style I was looking for, so after that I just zooned out and got to work. I can’t say really how long it took me per eye, my mind had kinda left the building at this point… but it was a fairly fast process with just a normal mechanical pencil (which wasn’t smart – that shit is way to “pointy” but /shrug)



No comments:

Post a Comment