I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Friday, March 16, 2012

STOP! Hammer time! some drapery drawings and a quick revolver sketch


Some quick updates - I’ve borrowed a tablet (bamboo pen and touch) soooo… I’ve been preoccupied with that devils tool. I feel old when I’m trying to figure that shit out, without going HULK!
It's not easy, AT ALL! It’s like drawing in blind, but not only that but also drawing in a “wrong” scale… it’s great if you’re looking for a mindfuck.

Anywho, some drawings… A few quick sketches and some drapery studies, holy mofo that drapery is something else, as you can see the first one I did with the “business as usual” mentally, but meh… lines… couldn’t get it to work at least, so tried some value approach which worked better, but it feels weird.
Then there’s a quick sketch of a hammer and a pistol. The hammer I did because it allowed me to use some perspective in practice, which is always nice. The pistol was just to do something else for once, again I thought it would be pretty simple, but noooo… I didn’t want it to turn into anything major time consuming, so went for a more basic thing, but for nothing else I discovered how complicated “mechanical” objects can be and how you pretty much needs to be correct the first time, because trying to correct things in the middle can offset the whole fucking thing, like there’s some lines which just need to be somewhat correct or it’s gg. Anyway it was fun at least and next time I prolly need to invest a bit more time and be more  careful with getting the lines straight… -.- let’s just say; I won’t fire that gun…





No comments:

Post a Comment