I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Slow and steady wins the race!


I’m a bit slow with the updates atm and I apologize for that, but I found a book called “The Natural Way To Draw – by Kimon Nicolaides”, it really suits me and it’s pretty much what I have been looking for.
It’s very organized with schedules and exercises, there’s no swaying feel good “just do what you want, it’s all just for fun and game tihi – bullshit”, it’s very point A to point B, which I’ve been missing in authors like Vilppu and Loomis, imho they take your hand and follow you on the road and don’t really bother with start or finish. Kimon tells you where you’re expected to start and where finish is and then gives you some basic tools, which you need to learn while on the road… and I love that, gimme a fucking compass and I’ll get there! I don’t want some fucking hiking buddy holding my hand… telling me every fucking swing and bump there’s on the road – PISS OFF!
Long story short, there’s not really much point in uploading those drawings, since it will make absolute no sense - heck most of them don’t even make sense to me the day after. I will share a quick one just as an example to what it is I’m working on :P
 On a side note – Contour drawing can seriously go fuck a duck!!!


I did two “normal” drawings as well ofc.
First is a gun from a friend’s book of different firearms, don’t ask…
Nothing big, but still fun to work with that many straight lines, though it’s a fucking hell to piece together, specially without a ruler, you’re pretty much forced to sketch out the whole thing and then start adding “basic” things and make them all fit together as a unit… ugh I miss circles and curves lol :P



Next is another tablet drawing. I wanted to start something from scratch and not from an old pencil sketch, just curious if I could do it really.
Pretty fun experience, though I’m a fucking bull in a china shop when it comes to understanding Photoshop… *sigh*





No comments:

Post a Comment