I want to draw - I have to draw!

This little blog should – in a perfect world - function as a peek into my personal little trip down the road of drawing. I can guarantee there will be plenty of road rage, steep learning curves, crying and thumb sucking involved.
If you scroll down you will see some of my begging steps (hahahaha I'll let that stand - Freudic slip - but I mean *beginning*). Since I never really did any drawing prior, I don’t have any old drawings lying around to share either - unfortunately.
My starting level was nothing, stickmen and general straight line challenged, with an newly added circle handicap – good fucking game.
But I’m determined I will learn this, whatever the cost.
- Tue

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More quick sketches and a squirrel… (the logic boat sailed a long time ago)


The squirrel started out as just a quick sketch. I was staring at it for ages trying to find a starting point, but as something new I started out with a square to fit the little dude in, which prolly isn’t the worst idea, just to avoid that annoying moment where you discover you drawn the entire thing way too big to fit the paper… yes that happens… more often than it should -.- Anyway after that I finally saw the starting shape which is the circle the tail and head/hands makes, after that it was just business as usual.


 When I was “finished” I kinda wanted to spend some more time on it though, not sure why, but it was interesting on some level. I just continued to loosely sketch some extra details down, nothing major, but at some point I got the bright idea that the background should be ALL black and using a pencil for that would be too much…  so why not a little charcoal, what’s the worst thing that could happen…?




… Yeah… some quick lines and… OMFG!! Why did I do this?! CTRL+Z CTRL+ZZZZ - OH FFS!
Sigh - it looked fucking stupid, the coal didn’t match the pencil sketch at all and the whole thing was just… no… no no no.
It took me ages trying to balance and correct what I could. I don’t really like how the fur looks, but I don’t know a way to make it work or “simplify” it though.



The rest are the standard weird quick sketches of random things from my stock folder ^^
The shark was kinda fun though, I started out with the body and it looked stupid, it made no sense at all, so added the back fin and… side fins? Which only made it look like a freakish Mola fish, but after I draw the tail fin in it was *puff* a shark – it’s so fucking funky how our brain works, one simple little detail and “oh yeah, now I see what the retard is trying to make…” - oh yes, that’s an actual inner dialogue… or it could be at least :P






I prolly should do a lips/mouth study soon... "tomorrow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment